SPRIG (Saanich Peninsula Refugee Initiative Group) is a group of people living on the Saanich Peninsula who are working with St. John’s United Church to sponsor and welcome a refugee family into our community.
To privately sponsor a refugee family to settle on the Saanich Peninsula
What can you do?
- Learn more about refugees and refugee sponsorship.
- Discuss with your family and friends how newcomers from different cultures strengthen our community.
- Discuss how your business, neighbourhood, workplace, church, classroom or sports team can welcome a family into our community.
- Contact us to track SPRIG’s progress, subscribe to our email updates, or offer to volunteer.
- Make a donation to SPRIG.
Contact Us or Subscribe to our Newsletter
To contact our steering committee or to subscribe to our newsletter, send an email to: email@example.com. We will endeavour to quickly reply to all queries – thank you for your patience.
SPRIG (Saanich Peninsula Refugee Initiative Group) was started in Deep Cove as a meeting discussing the refugee crisis in Syria and how families needed help immediately. A lot has changed since the initial discussion where we recognized this needed to be a community endeavour – thanks to everyone who has come forward since then to lend a helping hand, a welcoming voice, and financial backing.